Alhamdulillah, I just finished my SPA interview few minutes ago (around 9:30 am). The interview took about 15-20 minutes.
Basically, there were 2 panels; 1 from KKM and another one from SPA. Both of them were ladies.
Note: The whole interview was in Bahasa Melayu.
So first thing first, the panels asked me to introduce myself.
They asked me whether, being a medical doctor is my passion since childhood? Any family members in medical profession too?
Then, the KKM interviewer asked me a question regarding :
- What is the role of medical doctor?
- How to approach to an asystole patient if you're the HO incharged during on-call.
- Danger. Ensure no danger around patient, yourself and surroundings.
- Response: Ask patient, "Hello, sir. Are you okay?"
- Ask the staff nurse to call/inform MO and specialist on-call.
- Ask the staff nurse to bring the emergency trolley.
- While waiting for MO/specialist, do CPR & bagging.
- Make sure MO/Specialist come to the scene.
As for SPA panel, it was more laid-back. She asked me how I go to the interview (I asnwered that I drove all by myself here). Then she started to ask me about:
- In your opinion, why do you think many of HOs quit during their HO training?
- What do you think about the criminal rate (kadar jenayah) here in Malaysia
- Who's our Menteri Kesihatan, Ketua Setiausaha & Ketua Pengarah Kesihatan.
That's all for today. Good luck and all the best to all my comrades for your interview!