Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Reading in a moving vehicle

I can't read in a moving vehicle, like in a car or bus. Train and plane I can barely survive. But if it is a car or bus, I am better off without books (either is a physical book or even e-book). Even after a millisecond of reading I will definitely get nauseated and dizzy. Worst come to worst, I will end up with vomiting, which is something that I don't really like if I am going for a long journey. 

Somehow I do envy those who can read in a moving vehicle. Seriously! While in the other hand, I am better dozed off along the entire journey or I just plugged in myself with my mp3 player and get away in my own magical world.

Do you feel the same as I am? Or am I the only one with this problem? 

“The problem with reading in the car is that your vision is fixed on an object that is not moving, but your body and inner ear perceive motion, so it can induce vertigo in some. 
The best cure is to regularly look up, and regain your visual perspective of motion, but even then, the action of focusing on the book while your body feels motion can briefly induce vertigo.” 
-Dr Stewart. 
click here to read more

without wax,
haniyahaya :)

No comments: