Sunday, November 15, 2015

O&G posting

I just finished my O&G posting last 2 weeks and frankly speaking, I kept asking myself for an umpteenth times, what did I learn so far in O&G? 

Honestly, O&G is a very wide thing. It's not only about labour and stuffs. It is way more beyond than that! I hadn't started yet my revision on O&G. Plus I hadn't even started my 4th year subjects which I had planned to do so before this. Such a lazy bum, Hani!

And I guessed I learnt more about O&G this year. Like in my third year, I only went to the labour room for the sake of filling up the logbook and now, I did understand the labour truly was. How they did manage the labour and stuffs. Although I didn't get a chance to conduct a delivery but I had a chance to assist them a little bit (even though not much) like did the venepuncture and helping and learning at the same time from the doctor to suture the perineal tear (I didn't do the suturing part, just applied the lignocaine to patient). I did even got a chance to set the line to a patient in PAC (although in the end it wasn't a success, but hey, Rome wasn't built in a day!). Got to see procedures like colposcopy, TAHBSO, D&C and hysteroscopy. It was fun :D

Alright. Gotta pull myself up. No more joking and playing around. 

This is a mental note to myself. Please plant it on your cerebral cortex. You're a final year student. You will be graduated soon and become a doctor. Gotta be a safe doctor or else you'll be regret for the rest of your life.

without wax,
haniyahaya :)

No comments: