Monday, November 30, 2015

Nerd

My high school classmate once told me that I was a nerd. I flipped around. I was like.. No, I am not! A nerd? Are you kidding me? 

I asked him why he said that. He told me that I always finished my homework and always obeyed the school's laws and regulations. 

I had to say that it was 50:50.

The homework part was true. I had to admit that I always finished my homework on time and as always, my homework would be the source of references for my friends to copy & paste (oh well.. The life of a boarding school students. Flipped hair).

I never went out to hang out with my friends. My parents hardly gave me the permission to go out with my friends even though it was during school holidays. Well at that time, you looked cool if you hung out with your friends at the mall and I was trying to be one. Lulz. But of course, my parents won't allow me even though I was born and raised in KL (I hardly remembered all the roads in KL). Hence, I spent most of my school holidays reading in the public library :)

The law-abiding part.. Oh let's see. It was half true. I obeyed the laws like never missed the school, prep hours and etc. But one thing I that I couldn't comprehend was regarding hand phone. As you can see, I lived in Bangi which was definitely far away from Perak (my boarding school). It was really hard for me if I wanted to go back home and called my parents to tell them where am I because I always went back home by bus. Never in my three years of schooling there my parents picked me up from school. So that was my solid reason of why I always bring my hand phone to school. I didn't use it during weekdays or weekend (I used the public phone to make a call okay?) I just used it whenever I wanted to go back home. But yeah, of course they won't believe me. Rules remain as rules. 

Now coming to think of it, I have to accept that I was such a nerd! 

I know this is a random but when I was walking down through the memory lane..my chat logs, photos, blog posts.. I laughed to myself. I was a lame person and.. A nerd! 

And now, coming to the questions..

Are you ashamed of yourself?
No.

Are you proud of yourself?
Not saying that I'm proud (that sounds really boastful ey?) but I'm happy with who I am right now. 

Doesn't matter what people want to say about you, as long as you know who you really are.

Right? Oh now I sounded like Dr Phil. Lol. 
Never mind. This is just a random rant on midnight.

Good night!

without wax,
haniyahaya :)


No comments: