Friday, October 9, 2015

First week of my final year

Yes, as stated above, I am currently in my final year. You can't believe it? Neither do I.

Well let me tell you. This year we have the 4 major postings that we used to have when we were in our third year; Internal Medicine, Surgery, O&G and Paediatrics. We have extra 2 postings which are Orthoaedics and Emergency Medicine. We have never done Emergency Medicine before so I guess it will be something new to us, I mean..the experience.

So I start my final year with O&G and Paediatrics posting. This week is O&G posting. I had to admit that O&G was one of my favourite posting and my spirit was skyrocketing when I knew that I started with this posting. But coming to the end of the first week, my spirit was coming to the dead end. It was going down hill and boom.. Just dead. I was very stressed and I might just think that I wanted to bang my head against the wall. I felt so stupid because I didn't remember what I'd learnt during my third year. I didn't feel that I'm ready to become a doctor next two years. I felt so jealous of my friends who did better than I did. I felt so down because I was not up to the doctors' expectations --You are a final year student, you should know this. How can you don't remember? What have you learnt before? And the list goes on and on.

So I've 4 weeks left of this posting. I'm gonna make full use of it, Insya Allah.  I hope that I won't be forgetting all those things, as if I have eat a lot of ants before-- there's a Malay saying that if you keep forgetting so many things, you probably eat a lot of ants. I have no idea how is the mechanism and why is that so behind it. So don't ask me :)

without wax,
haniyahaya :)

No comments: