Sunday, April 12, 2015

Jihad al-Nafs

Assalamualaikum.
Last two weeks were a major turn on and stressful weeks for me. Alhamdulillah, I'm following a good pace now (and I'm still trying hard to follow the rhythm and to get back on track). 

Nevertheless, I just wanted to share with you a good ayah from the Quran that I had recited just now. It gave me something to ponder. 

Source : haniyahaya

"Or do you think that you will enter Paradise while Allah has not yet made evident those of you who fight in His cause and made evident those who are steadfast?" 
[Ali-Imran 3:142]

It made me realize that those things that happened to me were the tests from Him; whether I realized it or not. Frankly speaking, I felt that I was far from Him. And those tests were just right for me so that I won't be too far from Him, I won't be so much ashtray and away from Him, so that it would make me stronger and a better Mukmin. I knew that I hadn't felt so much content when I prayed and did all those good deeds. It just felt like nothing. I was heartless. I didn't have that kind of eager in me to do the right and good deeds. 

May Allah guide and help me to the righteous path. 


Ya muqallib al-qulub, thabbit qalbi ‘ala dinik
O turner of the hearts, make my heart firm upon your religion.

without wax,
haniyahaya :)

No comments: