Saturday, April 4, 2015

Acute Stress Disorder?

I know I shouldn't feel this way, but I'm only human. I may look like I'm though but the inside of me is killing me.

With this new posting, I need some adjustment and time to cope with it. I hate to say this but I am very stress out because all of these are new to me. I don't know how to take the history of the patient, I don't know how to do the mental state examination and every time I tried to read the textbook, my concentration was blown away. I couldn't even concentrate even for freaking 10 minutes!

In addition of what had happened to me this week (refer to my post - Accident), I guessed it had dragged my emotion up to the new level. I hadn't been so much stressful in my life. Even writing a thesis wasn't as much stressful like this! Previously I thought that I'm good with coping with stress and all that; even when I did the DAS questionnaire before I was fully aware that being as a medical student, I wasn't under a stressful condition. Unfortunately I was wrong. 

There's one time I thought of consulting a psychiatrist since I'm currently in Psychiatry posting but meh.. I believed that I could handle this. It is just a matter of time.

without wax,
haniyahaya :)

No comments: