Friday, November 7, 2014

I'm a happy kid

Alhamdulillah after I waited for a long time, one of my wishes came true. I finally got myself a set of Harry Potter series. Wohooo! :)

I actually had read the entire series but yeah, all of them I had borrowed from my friends. I had been longing for this for a very looooong time. Hiks :)

I managed to get this set for only RM161.90 after 10% discount. Heeeee :) 

And upon writing this post I still couldn't believe it. I was in a cloud nine! Aha! 

I actually bought it from Book Xcess in Amcorp Mall, PJ. Book Xcess has become one of my favourite bookstores as I could get many story books at cheaper price! For a bibliophile like me, Book Xcess is a heaven! :) 

When I was browsing the books at there, I met this Indian gentleman which I gueseed he was around 60s. He greeted me good morning and I replied the same too to him and gave him a smile. He  also was browsing the books. After I had paid my books, I went to redeem my voucher. I then met the same Indian gentleman again. I could see that he bought a lot of books too. 
He then asked me with a gentle smile, "I could see that I buy many books compared to you. What have you bought just now?"
"Oh I got myself a set of Harry Potter series. I've been wanting this for a long time. I can see that you got yourself a lot of books," I replied.
"Yes. These are for my granddaughter and these are for myself. You know, book is actually your bestfriend. Even though you are alone, if you are reading books, you are not alone because it will accompany you."
"Yeah. Plus we will get a lot of informations."
"Definitely."
"Reading a book too makes you feel that you are travel through time."
"Sure. Keep it up dear. I love to see the young generations like you to read a lot."
"Well sure. Thank you!"
"You're welcome. Have a nice day."

So there goes my chit-chat with him. I was very touched by his advices. Though we had never met before but his words were very meaningful. Thank you uncle for making up my day! 

Well as you can see, I like meeting new people. You can learn a lot from them. Learning is not only from books but there are thousands of ways for you to learn. Frankly speaking, I was a shy person back when I was in school. I hated that if I had to become an emcee for our morning assembely because I knew that I would stammered in front of those teachers and student. I hated if I had to do group presentation in front of my classmates because I could feel that there were butterflies in my stomach. I had a severe stage fright syndrome. Then as time passed by, I started to develop my communication skills because I felt so inferior towards my friends who can speak fluently in front of the audience. Later I started to greet everyone that I met to overcome my shyness. I then started to speak more in English to people that I met whether in KTM, at the shopping complex or hospital and etc. it really paid off. I still remembered that I tried to make a conversation with a Dutch guy. I felt kinda awkward at the first place but it was a good start for me. I didn't feel inferior to those mat salleh anymore. Hahaha. Now I didn't have troubles to make a good rapport with the patients at the hospital if I wanted to take their history. (Except for those patients who really didn't want to be asked by the students)

That's all from me. Till then.

Tadaaa!! This is mine! ^___^

without wax,
haniyahaya :)

No comments: