Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Welcome back to school!

Finally my holiday has just ended. I was a lil' bit sad I must say. Well who doesn't right?
Coming back to think of it, it seemed like I've never done anything beneficial during my holiday (besides my reading project)
I would love to go for a vacation to somewhere else but I didn't managed to book any flight tickets, hotels and so on and so forth because I was afraid that I could't make it to Year 4. Never mind. We still got plenty of time to plan for our next vacation right? 

Basically I'm in my forth year of medical school. Wow! Forth year already? So soon?
Honestly speaking, I never thought that I'm now a forth year student. It seemed like yesterday we just entered our third year, went to the hospital for the first time with our new white lab coat and brand-new stethoscope.. Ah, how time flies. I kinda missed my third year.

After the briefing this morning, we were being informed that forth year would be slightly different from last year. Last year we had four major postings; Internal Medicine, Surgery, Paediatrics and Obstetrics and Gynaecology. But now, we are going to sub-speciality postings/departments. 3 postings and 2 blocks.

The 3 postings are:

1) Primary Care
2) Psychiatry
3) Community Medicine

And the 2 blocks are:

1) ENT, Ophthalmology and Forensic Medicine
2) Radiology, Anaesthesiology and Orthopaedics

As for now, my first rotation for this year is the ENT, Ophthalmology and Forensic Medicine block. Wish me luck! :)

without wax,
haniyahaya :)

No comments: