Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Post EOP Exam : Surgery

Assalamualaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh. 
Alhamdulillah thumma alhamdulillah.
I just finished my End of Posting (EOP) exam for surgery today. Alhamdulillah everything went well. I got a case on left irreducible indirect inguinal hernia. I have done my very best so I left everything to Allah. I really hope that I could pass the exam, insyaAllah.

To be honest, I didn't study much for this posting. I didn't know why on earth that I became such a lazy bum. I hardly study. You could really count how many hours that I really spend to study. Plus, surgery was not my forte :(

And last week, I had a fever. It was all started on last Thursday when I woke up from my slept and I realized that my temperature had rose. Then, I also noticed that both of my eyes were swollen as well. Not urticaria again, I said to myself. 

And since my roommate, Arina also wanted to go to the Emergency department at HTAR that morning, I decided to go along with her. Long story short, my friend then was admitted to the ward because the doctor had suspected that she might suffered from dengue fever ( based on her conditions - fever, rashes etc) and as for me, I might had viral fever. I was like.. Oh no! The exam was just around the corner and tomorrow would be our case presentation (CP) and seminar. Even though I had done all the slides presentation but I still needed to read about the topic :( 

Later that night, I couldn't sleep well. My temperature kept spiking and didn't resolved though I had taken my medications and did tepid sponging. And I was all alone in the house since the rest were still on holiday and Arina was admitted to the ward.

The next morning, the CP and seminar went well. I was glad they were finally. Now that I could focus more on EOP. But my health condition was not in a good shape yet. I still had a fever. After I told my mom about my condition ( I was reluctant to tell my mom actually but coming to think about it and I was afraid if I had to be admitted to the ward or whatsover.. I thought maybe I should tell my mom anyway), my parents then came over to visit me T___T I told them not to because I wasn't alone at the moment. Jojie was here to keep me accompany for this weekend. But still..they came here. 

I wasn't fully recovered until yesterday (Monday). Alhamdulillah the fever had gone but I hadn't regained back my appetite. This was really frustrating. I was hungry but I couldn't eat :(

Moral of the story : The health is actually one of the blessings that given by Allah that we've always take for granted. Like for example, I always take for granted by not study and do my revision. Masa sihat tak nak belajar. Bila dah sakit, masa tu baru terhegeh-hegeh nak study. Nak fikir banyak lagi tak cover la, itu la, ini la. Haih *sigh*

without wax,
haniyahaya :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Akak u blajar medic kat msu kan?