Tuesday, July 1, 2014

SPP Phase 2 by Mercy Malaysia

Assalamualaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh.

Last week, I've got a chance to join a program under MERCY Malaysia which was called School Preparedness Program (SPP) Phase 2. The program was held at SMK Canossa Convent, Melaka. This was my first time to join this kind of a program; to be a volunteer and also a facilitator. Frankly speaking, I love to be a volunteer. You will gain a lot of experiences which you could never get in the class. 

Basically this program was the continuation of the SPP Phase 1. Since I'd never join the previous program, I couldn't say much about it. But for the second phase, this program really rocks! It was awesome and I've never been into such program before. SPP Phase 2 more or less is actually to make the students to recall back, what have they learned before this. In this program, I've got to be a facilitator. My job was to be at one of the check point during DRR Race and also to guide my group members along the activity. It was fun. Seriously. Even though this program was held only for a day, (half day to be precise) but I enjoyed it very much. I really hope that I can join again this kind of program next time. InsyaAllah.

with the student and facilitators

The school was near the beach. After the program ended,
 we went to the beach to enjoy the breath-taking scenery. 


After that, we went to have our lunch. We went to Row Six Restaurant. What could I say more.. the food were delicious! (Plus, I didn't have to pay for it!)

Pulut Mangga

Mango sago with cream.
Trust me, this one was superb! :D

Left (Mine) :  Massama seafood with rice and satay.
The satay were awesome!
Right ( Kak Su's) : Tom Yam with rice and satay.
The tom yam was good!

Cockle in Thai Sauce

---

Many people asked me how can I join this kind of program? Well, basically I print out the volunteer form in MERCY Malaysia and submit it. There you go. As simple as that! After send in the form, ( Make sure you post it!) you'll be called to join the program (depends on what program I guess). So, what are you waiting for? Register now!


without wax,
haniyahaya :)

No comments: