Tuesday, December 24, 2013

First posting : Paediatrics

Assalamualaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh.

When it comes to Paediatrics, people would immediately imagined cute and adorable babies, crying infants and playful and talkative toddlers. Well, you're not wrong about that. Paediatric was really fun to me. After 7 weeks in this posting, I felt this posting wasn't that bad. It taught me a lot; how to deal with the babies, how to approach them without making them cry and the list goes on and on.

The challenges in this posting were very different. Some who were having white coat syndrome would immediately cried after they saw medical students or doctors were going to approach them. It happened to me too. When I started to pull out my stethoscope from my pocket, he immediately cried. When I kept it back inside, he was no longer crying. Heh.

After all, Paediatric wasn't that bad. I just loved the kids there. They were so pure. Even though you were so exhausted because standing up for a long time, but after looking through those eyes, you would some kind of calmness. I didn't know. It was kinda hard for me to express that kind of feeling.

Who can't resist? Look at those eyes! :)
I once asked my lecturer Dr Neela, why that she wanted to become a Paediatrician. Now I knew the reason why she chose to be one.

without wax,
haniyahaya :)


p.s : This post had been in my draft ever since I was in 5th week of posting. Hahaha!

No comments: